Voilà: (chezVoila.com) is looking for a full-time information designer (35 hours per week) in Montreal.
Based on complex data or information sent by our clients, you will help us design clear visuals (graphs, diagrams, maps, infographics…). Our information design projects are related to sustainable development, such as environmental protection, international development, gender equality, economic development and transparency in public administration.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Structure, analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative data
- Contribute to developing conceptual designs (graphs or diagrams, static or interactive), from brainstorming to a final product ready for publication polished in collaboration with our graphic designers
- Take part in briefing meetings with our clients, help them define their project objectives and needs
- Collaborate with the team to present your designs to clients, adjust them based on clients’ feedback
- Participate in writing about the visual development process to share the final designs on the company’s online platforms (portfolio, blog, social media)
What we are looking for
- Relevant education and information design experience (analysis, data, design, visualization)
- At least three years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with data visualization software like Excel, Datawrapper, Flourish, Plotly, PowerBI or Tableau
- Experience with mapping software like Mapbox or ArcGIS
- Comfortable with statistical analysis
- Bilingual French and English (essential)
- Demonstrated interest in sustainable development
- Independent and able to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of the following software:
- Google G Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Asana, Slack (assets)
What we are offering
- A stimulating, flexible and creative working environment, around inspiring themes
- International clients to showcase your expertise
- A company in full growth (from one to four people within a year)
- A competitive salary – will be negotiated on an annual basis based on skills and experience.
- A friendly workplace in a coworking space in the Mile End ; possibility to work remotely (full time during confinement)
- A friendly environment with dynamic and passionate team members
We encourage continuous learning, mentorship and the professional development of our employees.
Do you see yourself in this job ?
We welcome applications from all candidates whatever the age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, visible minority, ethnic minority, or indigenous nation.
Using the form below, please send us your :
- Cover letter, explaining both what makes you a great candidate (why you) and why you are interested in this job (why us).
- Portfolio with at least three examples of your work (graphs, diagrams, dashboards, infographics…)
We thank you in advance for your application. We will contact the selected candidates for an interview.
Timeline: Job beginning in September 2020.
Voilà: is an information design company. Since 2013, we have combined analysis and design to visually communicate complex information. We are committed to sustainable development, the fight against climate change, gender equality, social development, transparency, diversity and inclusion. Our clients are based in Washington, New York, London, Brussels, Tokyo, Beijing and Montréal among others.