Voilà: is an information design company. Since 2013, we combine analysis and design to visually communicate complex information. We are committed to sustainable development, the fight against climate change, gender equality, social development, transparency, diversity and inclusion. We have clients around the world, such as in Washington, New York, London, Brussels, Tokyo, Beijing and Montreal.
We are looking for a full time (35 hours per week) graphic designer in Montreal to join our team of 5 people.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Reports: You will develop the design proposal: cover page, branding, and complete layout of the document. Other team members will be responsible for preparing graphs, diagrams, maps and other visualizations.
- Electronic presentations: You will design and lay out the content of slides based on material shared by the client, and will make suggestions for improvements to the content. You will also choose the icons, colours and images.
- Infographics: You will participate in the concept and ideation phase and will be responsible for the creation of the polished version. It could be a combination of graphics and numbers in a one- or two-page document for the general public, or a diagram explaining a complex process.
You will also contribute to other projects, acting as support for your team members. Your role will be to polish the work, to pitch in and make suggestions to make things more elegant, more aesthetic. The projects vary a lot: interactive visualizations, diagrams, series of graphs, etc. Of course, you can take a look at our portfolio.
Finally, as we are a small growing team, you will also participate in the development of material for the company: templates, presence on social networks, processes, lessons, etc.
What we do little of, or not at all: visual identity, advertising, events.
What we are looking for:
- You are interested in the content and have the ability to understand complex information, especially in the fields of sustainable development, climate change, or finance. Relevant experience or training in a relevant field, other than design, will be an asset.
- You are bilingual French-English, enough to understand what is written and what is said (e.g. in meetings with clients) in the language that is not yours. Note that our internal work is in French.
- You possess creativity and talent. Your role will be to ensure that our visual clarification work is aesthetic and elegant.
- You know how to work independently and in a team. All our projects are done in internal collaboration and with the client. It is therefore necessary both to know how to communicate and to make sure your own tasks are completed on time.
The tools you will use:
- Adobe Creative Cloud, especially InDesign and Illustrator.
- Microsoft Office: Mostly PowerPoint (including animations), with some tweaking in Excel to help polish graphics. We understand that this may not be common, so we are willing to train you.
- Google Workspace and Microsoft OneDrive. Our work calls for a good amount of coordination internally and with the client. We use these tools to receive their comments, to share our questions, recommendations, etc.
- And our internal collaboration tools: Slack, Asana, Miro.
What would be great:
- You know how to animate in tools like After Effects. We hope to expand our work in this area, so this will be a major factor in our selection.
- You know your way around illustration. It happens that some projects require some (or a lot of) illustration, for objects, characters, etc. We already have someone but it would be nice to have two.
- You have demonstrated an interest in sustainability issues, whether in your work or your personal life.
- You are interested in information design, of course!
What we offer:
- A stimulating and creative work environment around inspiring themes
- A flexible work schedule that balances work and personal life
- An international clientele to showcase your expertise
- A growing company (grown from one to six people in two years)
- Salary range between $ 35,000 and $ 50,000 (CAD) per year, based on skills and experience
- IT equipment (computer and screen) provided
- Reimbursement of telecommunications expenses
- Annual professional development training budget of $ 800 per year
- Time off between Christmas and New Year’s (at the discretion of management) in addition to vacation and statutory holidays
- A friendly working atmosphere, a dynamic and passionate team
We encourage continuous learning, mentoring and professional development.
Do you recognize yourself in this job?
We invite people of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, members of marginalized and under-represented communities, Indigenous people as well as people with disabilities to apply.
Send us the following using the form below:
- Resume / CV
- Your portfolio
- Cover letter explaining both what your qualifications are (why you) and why this job interests you (why us).
We thank you in advance for your application. We will contact the selected candidates for an interview.
Timeline: To start in June or July 2021