Voilà: is an information design company. Since 2013, we combine analysis and design to visually communicate complex information. We are committed to sustainable development, the fight against climate change, gender equality, social development, transparency, diversity and inclusion. We have clients around the world, such as in Washington, New York, London, Brussels, Tokyo, Beijing and Montreal.
We are looking for a full time (35 hours per week) Data Visualization Programmer in Montreal. You will be responsible for developing interactive charts, diagrams, maps and infographics, especially for the web and sometimes for print.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Structure, analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative data
- In collaboration with the team, participate in the development of visualizations (graphs or diagrams, static or interactive), from their design to the final product ready for publication
- Contribute to orientation meetings with our clients, help to specify objectives and project needs
- Assist in presenting customers our design approach, respond effectively to feedback
- Participate in the drafting of our visual development approach and sharing results on the company’s platforms (portfolio, blog, social media)
What we are looking for
- Knowledge of integration and deployment of code on the web
- Relevant experience and demonstrated interest in information design
- Experience with geographic map software such as Mapbox or QGIS
- Experience with data visualization software such as Excel, Datawrapper, Flourish, Plotly, PowerBI or Tableau
- Bilingualism English and French (essential)
- Demonstrated interest in questions of sustainable development.
- Autonomy and ability to work under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of the following software:
- Google G Suite: Drive, Docs, Sheets,Slides
- Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Asana, Slack (asset)
What we offer
- A stimulating and creative work environment, inspiring themes
- A flexible work schedule allowing you to reconcile work and family
- An international clientele to showcase your expertise
- A growing company (increased from two to five people in one year)
- A competitive salary: compensation will be negotiated on an annual basis depending on skills and experience
- Computer equipment (computer and screen) provided
- Reimbursement offered for telecommunication expenses
- Leave offered between Christmas and New Year’s Day (at management’s discretion)
- A friendly work atmosphere, with a dynamic and passionate team
We encourage continuous learning, mentoring and professional development.
Do you recognize yourself in this job?
We invite people of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, members of a visible or ethnic minority, aboriginal people, and people with disabilities to apply.
Send us by the form below :
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter explaining both your qualifications (why you) and why this job interests you (why us).
- Examples of visualizations you have made (charts, diagrams, dashboards, infographics, etc.)
We thank you in advance for your application. We will contact only selected candidates for an interview.
Timeline: To start in February or March 2021.